Monday, October 4, 2010

Schadenfreude

To those who have not listened to the musical stylings of Avenue Q, allow me to enlighten you to the meaning of this word;

'Schadenfreude' is in short.... taking joy out of the misfortune of otherS (i really am stealing lyrics here) 

However i do not wish to talk about the song, i'm talking about using this in real life!!

Yesterday after a few momosa's I was happily walking around with my muckers, feeling pretty GOOD if ya know what i mean when something made me feel even better... now i feel bad about this but i simply CANNOT HELP the sensation i get when i see someone just slightly worse off than me... as usually i see people who are HAVING A WHALE OF A TIME and i just get the feelin... oh i should be doing that, they are obviously

a. more fun
b. more popular
c. more interesting/funny/educated....you know the rest

Sooooo when i saw this poor unfortunate soul... lets call her *Helen* wondering around, aimlessly on her own... not a friend in the world ... it made me feel so goooooood!!! Here was my FIRST position of power.... and i liked it. I felt like booming... MWAHAHAHAHA I AM COOLER THAN YOU... but i didn't... i kept in under wraps, i just nodded, whilst she spluttered... 'just ya know, walking around... fancied some alone time'. Indeed.... indeed young woman, GOOD FOR YOU!! 

Now i know this seems EVIL but we all do it... honestly... well maybe not the christian's amongst us... but i do... and this blog is to say to all of you out there, DON'T FEEL BAD Most of the time, i serve as a tasty treat to all the other people in my life, so go oooon, look on someone less fortunate and let it make you feel better... we all have those days, when life is just a bit poo... so go for it i say!!

In other news, my 'heart of gold, unicorn tainted, lovely jubbly warm & cuddly' mummy gave me some money... AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN WANT IT BACK so i can FINALLY  afford food, water... beer..... maybe a cheeky .... DRESS!! (OH NO DON'T LOOK MUM) *i won't go shopping i promise*

Ended up having a terrible weekend, no money mixed with depression & a slight drinking problem meant bumming off my friends... which is bad, & having had a total washout of a weekend, the week ahead is dragging slowly. still. PAYDAY FRIDAY!! Yaaaaaaaaay!

Hope you had a lovely weekend... & your monday goes quickly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment