Wednesday, October 20, 2010

On-Line Dating... The Story So Far

I was informed only yesterday by a very good friend, that 33% OF MARRIAGES came form meeting someone online... how this came to be... i do not know!

I personally, look at on-line dating, as my last resort, my final hoorah, the bottom of the bucket as i swarm the dreggs of the dating circuit, now i acknowledge that being 'larger than the average bear' has its downers, such as

- friction burn due to the old thunder thighs rubbing together
- wobbly chins
- and curves that stick out infront as well as the side

You've never heard a guy turn around and say, 'man, that girls personality was HOT!' BUT nevertheless, there are upsides;

Larger girls, usually have lower self esteem, so are willing to branch out in the bedroom department, which is good... for guys!

We're great for cuddles, due to the bossum!

& due to a life of struggling against the norm, we usually have some killer dress sense!

However, all these things don't seem to be attracting the right kinda man, the men who have approached me on-line have either been;

Morbidly Obese
Maintain questionable facial hair
are only after 1 thing
Slightly retarded
or
Just plain weird... example, one guy decided to tell me the entire plot of a Pushkin novel he was reading and how my tragic lack of self confidence reminded him of the heroine, WHO KILLS HERSELF!! I mean come on!

Now, i kinda took the bull by the horns & messaged some guys i liked the look of i.e cute, tubby, lack of facial hair types that seemed genuine & interesting... WHAT HAPPENS? They look at my profile, and never message back... HOW IS IT that even a cyber meet is met with distaste, you see bloody convicts get dates FROM PRISON yet I am thrown to the wind of forget! Its just plain UNFAIR!!

However, in the midst of this sea of neglect, i have found one questionable applicant who finds me... interesting... However although in all his photo's he is wearing a cap & sunglasses (for all i know he's cross eyed) he seems ok! And the chat is nice, if i'm honest, any kind of attention does make me just a little bit happy!

The only problem is whilst i am only messaging a couple of guys, you have to question, how many are they messaging? what is the appropriate amount to have under your belt? when do you start going on dates? and when is too soon to go on one? The whole thing is a swarming whirlpool of when should i? How should I? and just plain... can i?

Ontop of all this confusingness... I. am. in. love!

Yes in love, with super duper lovely jubbly wubbly wonderfulness that is my work colleague... let's call him.... DREAM BOAT!!

Oh my word, you should see him, a KING amongst men, Tall, Dark, handsome, Lithe (quote mr Sven) and so darn funny my shoes shoot of my feet whenever he speaks to me... WHICH IS OFTEN!! I have NEVER had so much attention of such a handsome man, and in all honesty... it only makes it worse, i dream of him every night, which has led to me wanting to go to sleep earlier & earlier, for in my dreams there he is... and we are in love... and it is beautiful!


*Sigh*

Wherever you are, i hope you are dreaming of your dreamboat too, and if you have him HOLD HIM TIGHTLY!!

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment